Friday, September 18, 2009

Clearing the Clutter...In Life...

My absence from this blog is pretty reflective of my absence from all things I love lately! I have been very busy and I am ready to slow down, relax, and dig back in as my family settles into the fall routine and the cool weather rolls in. Time to refocus, restructure, and renew!

I have fallen tremendously behind in the world of all things health, balance, and wellness. But I am missing it terribly and putting it back into the forefront of my days. I am prepping to do a three week lecture series on staying healthy, balanced, and stress-free during the holiday season with my friend at our church at the end of October. I am really looking forward to presenting this! I am getting organized and seeing clients, looking for a new office space, and will be launching a new website soon. Things are getting very exciting!

I have been enjoying the final weeks of our farm share vegetables and am very sad that it will be ending soon. I have loved receiving fresh, organic produce right out of the ground week to week. The only problem is that I loved it so much we have nothing frozen for the winter because we ate it all!! I do have an abundance of blueberries stored for the winter so we will be enjoying lots of blueberry baked goods this winter...mmm...

As I think about how I want to go about refocusing my time back on the things I love, I quickly become overwhelmed by the process of getting "caught" up. When this happens to me, I tend to freeze up and do nothing because I don't know where to start. It's all important to me and I have a hard time prioritizing!

This morning, I eliminated one thing (ok...skipped it for today only) from my schedule that has the potential to weigh me down for the rest of the day physically. As soon as I did that, I felt like the whole day was wide open and felt a rush of relief. Yesterday, I officially announced I would not be renewing my lease on my office space downtown, even though I don't have a new one to move into yet. That was also a huge relief!! Just knowing the decision has been made means I can confidently move forward without second guessing if I should. Today, I am also canceling a gym membership that I have had for 7 years. I am comfortable there and like the atmosphere but have found that since moving to our new house, going there is a chore and takes up too much time because of its location. I will be working with my trainer again soon and will also be joining my husband at his gym right here downtown...where I live (hmmm...imagine that...adding convenience!).

I have found that when I eliminate things that hold me back, weigh me down, or drain my time and energy everything else opens up because it has space to breathe! Just by eliminating these few things from my life, even if something is only for a day, I have a new sense of focus, balance and clarity to move forward with other more important projects and responsibilities.

Is there something weighing you down? Is there a project you can delegate to someone else? Eliminate one thing from your schedule or life today and see what opportunities open up to you!!

1 comment:

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Glad to see you back, Luanne, and I can sure relate to your post. Getting rid of That feeling of being overwhelmed is something I've been tackling lately.
Sounds like you're right back on track.