Thursday, August 13, 2009

Farm Share Meals...Day One and Two...

We have had some pretty amazing meals the last 24 hours using some of the greens and vegetables from our farm share! I am always amazed at the taste difference between organics and conventionally grown foods. I can't even describe how different they are. Switching our food to all organic has been an awesome experience. The burst of flavor and texture you receive in your mouth is definitely worth any extra expense (not to mention the fact that you are eating chemical and hormone free foods). So what did we eat??

This was dinner last night...

Sauteed kale and yellow squash tossed with soba noodles and marinara sauce, topped with grated parmesan cheese...

And lunch today...

Toasted tomato sandwiches on sprouted grain bread with salad greens topped with yellow squash...

And for dinner today...

Open-faced burger topped with raw sharp cheddar cheese and sprouts with green pepper and carrot "fries"...
We are seriously enjoying this farm food. The fresh and light fare has been perfect for our warm summer days. The more I have produce in the house, the better I get at using it up. I am finding that the more I eat, the more I want, and the more creative I get at making our meals!! It's been a learning experience for sure, but with a little practice I have been creating exciting new meals each week!
And here's a little eye candy for you to drool over until my next meal post highlighting vegetables...this was an experiment last night I tried from a raw food recipe book I recently purchased on one of our vacations this summer.

Key Lime Bars..."ice cream" made from raw cashews, juice from limes, and agave nectar. Of course it was topped with homemade raw cacao syrup (amazing!). Not exactly anything from the farm share, but I thought I would share anyways!


No comments: