Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bounty...

I've written before about how much I L.O.V.E my farm share. Last winter, my husband and I made the investment and bought a share at a local organic farm. From June until October we get a share of the crop each week. It's been fantastic! Just look at the beauty we received yesterday at our pick up...



There are a ton of greens in here....kale, salad greens, swiss chard, spinach, and basil! We also received eggplant, tomatoes, scallions, patty pan squash, zucchini, cucumber, yellow squash, hot peppers, orange and white carrots, purple cabbage, pickling cucumbers, broccoli, and green pepper.

So what does one do with all this produce? You are not alone if you come home from the store or the farmers market with produce and then let it go bad in the refrigerator because you just aren't quite sure what to do! This week I will share with you all the creations I come up with and show you how to make the most out of all those vegetables! With a little bit of planning, you can have fabulous meals all week long that are delicious as well as nutritious! I will be posting often so be sure to check back often! It will be a fun week sharing with you how I feed my family each day!

And here's a peek from dinner last night...

African Pineapple Peanut Stew (using the swiss chard) served over brown rice

Click on the link above for the recipe. I added lean ground turkey for added protein. Try it! It may not look all that appealing, but it's fantastic, and filling!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is quite the score you got! Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks delicious! Good for you!